- Public learning is like social media for knowledge workers. Public learners share what they are learning, their workflow, the challenges they face and their results in a public manner (eg. on social media). ^449695
I am interested in public learning for a number of reasons:
- I think having a community of public learners could act as social proof for the free learning + spaced repetition learning strategy.
- It could encourage people to start adopting free learning and using spaced repetition systems in creative domains.
- Public learning could contribute to making public learning economically viable.
- By sharing experiences, workflows and results, the community can act as a collective intelligence and converge on a set of dominant learning techniques.