- One of the original goals of the personal computer was to "augment human cognition".
- On this page I will collate and summarize the best "augmenting cognition" and "tools for thought" projects I can find.
- I will tools with a high degree of generalizability.
I'm interested to see if I can broadly categorize tools for thought into tools that assist [Input processes] and tools that assist [Output processes].
- Spaced repetition: Optimally spacing reviews of information to minimize the cost of maintaining it in memory over time.
- Semantic Repetitions: Treating items as members of a semantic network as opposed to disconnected pieces of information.
"Peaking" is a term borrowed from strength sports to describe when a person trains to temporarily maximize strength for a single event. How could the same concept be applied to human memory, and in which situations would it be useful?
- Subset Review
- Neural Review
- Momentum-Exploration Recommender System
- Incremental Problem Solving